Thursday, December 07, 2006

... of the week December 7th 2006

Movie of the Week - Letters From Iwo Jima


The movie gets some much needed attention this week after the National Board of Review names it the best film of 2006. Many critics have come to disregard the NBR, I think because of something to do with them not releasing a members list or something. I mean, I really don't care, I like lists and I like awards, just give me a list, even a grocery receipt, and I'm entertained for hours. Golden Globe Nominations are next week, can't wait to see what their list looks like.

National Board of Review Top 10

1. Letters From Iwo Jima
2. Babel
3. Blood Diamond
4. The Departed
5. The Devil Wears Prada (*really, totally surprised*)
6. Flags of Our Fathers (companion piece to Iwo Jima)
7. The History Boys
8. Little Miss Sunshine
9. Notes on a Scandal
10. The Painted Veil
Click here for more on the National Board of Review

Celebrity of the Week - Jennifer Hudson

Yes, yes, yes. I know, I am jumping on the Jennifer Hudson band wagon. But honestly, everything about this girls success is fascinating. American Idol reject, turned Oscar front runner. I mean COME ON! This is what the Hollywood dream is all about

So, take that Fantasia!





Television Show of the Week - America's Next Top Model

I love Melrose. Love, love, love, love, love, love. I was heart broken when she lost on ANTM. She really deserved it. I have nothing bad to say about Crazy Dee, she's lovely. But, it's disappointing to see someone want something so much and be so good at it, and then not get what they deserve. I think the show took the easy way out in the editing room, making Melrose the bitch. The other girls were obviously jealous and it really is just a shame she lost. I'm sure she'll be fine, right? I hope so. I hope Melrose doesn't show up to next seasons ANTM with a gun. She may, I hope not.

Oh, and I think it may be time for a new host. What about Melrose? Just a thought. She's not nearly as fake as Ms. Banks.

For all the Top Model News, click below
America's Next Top Model

Recording Artists of the Week - Red Hot Chili Peppers

The Grammy nominations were announced this week and it cames as no surprise that Mary J. Blige leads the pack with 8 well deserved nominations. But, since the Grammy's usually nominates the predictable, I love the fact that Corinne Bailey Rae was able to sneak in with a surprise nomination for song of the year with "Put Your Records On." But it's the Red Hot Chili Peppers, with 6 nominations, that makes me smile the most. I don't know how it they do it, but each album continues to be just as catchy as the next, if not more, so I hope they are able to get their Grammy on, come Sunday, February 11th.

For a complete list of the Grammy Nominations, go to Grammy.com


Song of the Week - Mariah Carey "All I Want For Christmas Is
You"

It’s that time of year again. You know the one, where Mariah’s unusually addictive Christmas song sneaks it’s way back onto the airwaves and to the top of the Digital Download Charts. One of the only new holiday songs that seems to have become just as much a part of the holidays as say, my Uncle Bobby spiking his Eggnog and becoming a boisterous drunk at Grandma’s. That’s if she lets him out of the trailer in the backyard.

My Space Profile of the Week - Lucas Martin and His Mind Robots

Lucas Martin and His Mind Robots consits of Luke, Cheyne and of course the West Hollywood staple Alza. That's right Paris Hilton, Alza's the girl to know in Hollywood. With their debut track"Say the Word" this funky trio show us that they may be on to something hot. That, and the fact that they all take sexy pictures of themselves and post them everywhere on the My Space site. Good people, good music that will, with time get better. Be sure to check them out. You can listen to the song here.


Product of the Week - Pimp City The Game

Ok, here is a product we absolutely love. Pimp City is a party game for party people. It’s fun, slightly ris-kay, and how can you not like a game that comes with a set of shot glasses named after each of the games characters; Ivanna Hump, Gigolo Joe, Candy Sam, Sha’Neekwa, just to name a few. There are pimps, tricks, hos, sugar daddies, cat fights. So that makes it a great holiday gift for the dirty little party animal in your life. For more information check out PimpCityTheGame.com

No comments: